Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Cards

My little one is having a Valentine's Party at school.  I thought it would be nice to make our cards instead of buying them...so I busted out the Cricut.  I used the Create a Critter and the George and Basic Shapes cartridges to design them.  I have been working on them a bit at a time over the last few days.  I was putting on the finishing touches and enjoying my morning coffee and then....yup....I overturned my cup and watched my yummy coffee seep into my finished Valentines!!!  Trying to create a good example for my little one...I proceeded to smile and say, "That's okay...accidents happen...we can make them again".  What I was really thinking was &%^$##@#!!!

Anyhoo....here are the FINISHED cards which are now safely tucked away in a coffee-proof baggie!  You can see a glimpse of my almost finished room which I am in the process of painting Robin's Egg Blue.




BCD 125

4 comments:

  1. I've had a few of those moments.... :) Well, they turned out adorably! The photographs are lovely also. Good job!
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - a craft blog! Thanks for commenting on my "First crochet hat" post. I can't wait until I do my first blanket or larger project - just have to get my tension and stitch size consistent! lol Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that blue and I love those valentines--so sorry you had to make them twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cuteness! Coffee proof baggies are a good precaution, only in my case they'd be tea proof baggies!

    ReplyDelete