Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Polly Pemberley - My New Ride

I finally decided it was time to trade in my hybrid Trek for a more comfortable ride.  I searched high and low for a vintage bicycle that would be comfy for neighborhood and greenway rides.  I liked the looks of LOTS but they didn't function well, needed too much work or were not very comfortable...THEN....I found Polly.  (My daughter and I have a habit of naming things :-)) She is a new bicycle but has vintage styling.  I was able to trade in my old bike towards the purchase of this glass blue Trek Pure and she rides like a dream.  I changed out the tires for white walls which I adore!  I bought a simple Walmart basket and sewed a liner using fabric I already had at home.  It is perfect for collecting our finds (rocks, flowers, pine cones, etc.).  We have been riding almost daily and it is perfect for the stop and go riding one does with a four year old...grin. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment