Thursday, September 20, 2012

My First Quilt

A couple of weeks ago I signed up for a quilting class and began to gather my supplies.  I chose all of my fabric thoughtfully, bought a cutting mat and a rotary cutter.  I gravitated to my favorite neutrals...black, cream, chocolate brown, caramel and tans.  It really was a process choosing each color. 

I made sure that I loved each fabric individually.  Then I introduced them and let them mingle and become comfortable with one another.  The first fabric I chose was the black and cream floral and then the caramel and black which became my borders.

After my first class I knew I was hooked.  From the precise cutting and the hum of the sewing machine to the fresh scent of the ironing and the intricate piecing.  I loved it all! 




 I have finished the quilt top and next week I will be quilting it and adding the edging.  I will post a pic when it's all done and hung on the wall.  I have already started choosing fabric for my next one!

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful! I can see why you are hooked. You have a great eye for color/color combinations. I'm looking forward to seeing the edging.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete